Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chocolate is my Friend!

One thing I absolutely love, like most women, is chocolate. I especially like chocolate cupcakes, and during a cupcake exchange with a couple of girlfriends, I stumbled upon an amazing chocolate cupcake recipe from the Food Network Canada website. I just added more cocoa to make it a bit more chocolate-y. These are amazing! I topped them with homemade chocolate ganache. The ganache recipe is below and it's so yummy!

Chocolate Ganache Recipe:

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and place a glass bowl on top of the pot.
2. Put two cups of chocolate chips in the bowl and add one cup of whipping cream.
3. Continue to stir constantly until all the chips have melted and the chocolate looks glossy.
4. Dip the tops of the cupcake in the ganache and twist to remove the excess.

It's that easy and the ganache literally only takes a few minutes!

Here is how my cupcakes turned out. I added pink fondant flowers for decoration. Cute and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment