Monday, April 2, 2012

A Quick Cooking Tip - Potatoes

I made a roast in the slow cooker for the first time this past Sunday night (which turned out great btw). I just added water, onions and carrots (the roast was already seasoned). With it we just served potatoes, and gravy of course.

We're not huge potatoes fans here, so we only have them once in a while. I think this is partly because when you boil potatoes the water always boils over and makes a huge mess. Well, not anymore, as I discovered one of the best tricks ever!

Tip: When boiling a pot of potatoes, put a wooden spoon over the pot. This will stop the water from boiling over.
 
(Hmm, I wonder if we'll eat more potatoes now).

This saved me a clean-up job that sometimes had me scrubbing for at least 10 - 15 minutes.

I hope you give this a try - enjoy!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment