Saturday, October 19, 2013

October Ipsy Glam Bag

For those that follow my blog you will know that I have a love for GlossyBox; or that I had a love for GlossyBox. Sadly, GlossyBox Canada went bankrupt several months ago :( It was a sad day my friends. It was truly my favourite time of the month - imagine getting a surprise in the mail every month!

However, I learned from some wonderful ladies that other options we available, so now I bring you the Ipsy Glam Bag. Ipsy Glam Bag is a set of five personalised beauty products that get sent to you each month. They are personalised based on the profile you create when you join. The cost is only $10 a month, plus a few extra dollars for shipping. So cheap right?

Now I really do like Ipsy but my preference would be Glossybox if it were still offered in Canada. I say this because I liked the products I got from Glossybox better. I find most of the products sent by Ipsy I wouldn't buy per se, unless they were on sale. I do love the experience of trying different products though so Ipsy makes me happy.

If you like trying out different products - the Ipsy Glam Bag is for you!

Here's what I received in October:

1.  Zoya Nail Polish in Mason. I have a love for Zoya nail polish in general. I think it has fantastic quality and long lasting wear. Though this colour is pretty, it is really too dark for my fair skin and is not a colour I would normally purchase. I think I will pass it onto my mom; she has a thing for darker colours.

2.  Buxom Lips in Dolly. This gloss comes from Bare Essentials and I have been wearing this gloss for the last several days and I am really enjoying it. The colour is perfect, the gloss itself is very light-weight and smooth. I would definitely buy this product.

3. Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel. I haven't used this product yet but I plan to this weekend to just give it a try. The only products I use in my hair tend to be Aquage Uplifting Foam and a little hairspray, so this will be very different for me. I'm typically not a big fan of hair gel but I will give this a shot and will post a review soon thereafter.

4. Strawberry & Cream be Delectable Hand Cream by Cake Beauty. I'm a big hand cream user so I used this product several times. Though I'm usually a big fan of Cake Beauty and this cream does smell nice, the scent is VERY strong and overwhelming. So overwhelming in fact, that I probably wont use the hand cream again. If you're a fan of heavily scented items this is for you, but if not you might want to steer clear of this one.

5. H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment. According to H2O+, this product is an oil-free gel moisturizer that delivers deep hydration while diminishing the appearance of fine lines. I have used this product a few times and like it. Again, I'm not that fond of gels (gel anything really), but this really provides smooth feeling skin. I typically use Aveeno skin moisturizer and will continue to use it. I don't think I would purchase this gel on my own as it costs $43 for 50 mL.

You'll also notice a make-up bag in the picture. This IS your Glam Bag and you'll get one each month. They come in handy when travelling and for storing smaller items in the bathroom.

What did you get this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment