Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So, it's kind of official...

Do you remember that little tête
-à-tête I posted about several weeks back? Well, after a few more pow-wows with a wonderful group of ladies, I am pleased to announce that I have officially joined the WeddingGirl team!

I couldn't be more thrilled about this exciting opportunity, as wedding and event planning has been a dream of mine for a long long time. However, up until I saw Mary's video,
 I was just a little unsure of where to start and I certainly lacked the confidence in taking the first small steps towards my dream. 

Mary is the girl behind it all. She started WeddingGirl five years ago and probably couldn't have imagined she'd be where she is today. Her 'casting call' video really spoke to me when I saw it. Her passion and words jumped through the screen and really sparked something deep within me and I knew I had to meet her. 

Now, I'm really not one to just go to an event, put myself out there meet new people the way I did, but after my sparks were lit I felt I really didn't have a choice.

I needed to be there. And I was.

I was actually one of the first people there, unintentional of course. Toronto traffic was much lighter than expected if you can believe it. I was also extremely nervous for some reason. And curious. I kept saying to myself, calm your nerves girl, this could lead to something big! So with my nerves as in-check as they could be, I really put myself out there and started introducing myself to people. One of the first things Mary said to me was how she loved how I was so outgoing and talking to everyone. Little did she know that usually when meeting new people, I am shy and sometimes a bit awkward. Just one of my little quirks. 

But I did it. I took a leap of faith. I myself out there. And it was amazing.

Now look where I am. A member of the wedding industry's most gorgeous army.

So without further adieu, I'd like to introduce you to our team.

Starting at the top-left of our collage, and moving clockwise around it; we have Linda, Laura, Bianca, myself, Heather, Margarita, Vanessa, and Carm.

I honestly don't think I could have asked for a better group of women to work with, or have a better mentor to learn from. And with the friendships that are already forming, I have no doubt we're all in it for the long haul.

So here's to all the exciting things coming our way; weddings, travel, Hitched:Abroad, WG TV, and oh so much more.

To learn more about us, click here.

{ follow us }

Please Add|Like|Follow us via the Facebooks, Twitters, and IGs.

Lisa:  FB – Lisa WeddingGirl Dot Ca | Twitter – @LisaWedGirl | IG – @LisaWeddingGirlDotCa

Linda: FB – fraîche Floral Atelier |  Twitter – @fraichefloral |   IG – @fraichefloral

Laura: FB – Laura WeddingGirl Dot Ca  | Twitter – @LauraWedGirl | IG – @LauraWGdotca

Bianca: FB – Bianca WeddingGirl Dot Ca |  Twitter – @BiancaWedGirl

Heather: FB – Heather WeddingGirl Dot Ca | Twitter – @HeatherWedGirl | IG –@HeatherWeddingGirlDotCa

Vanessa: FB – Vanessa WeddingGirl Dot Ca | Twitter – @VanessaWedGirl | IG –@VanessaWeddingGirlDotCa

Carmelina: FB – Carmelina Karas  | Twitter – @WeddingMagGTA | IG – @WeddingPlannerMag

And if you’re not already friends with the one who started it all, you can find Mary at:

FB  WeddingGirl Dot Ca |  Twitter: @WeddingGirlca  |  IG: @WeddingGirlca


2 comments:

  1. Great to be working with you all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! love love love all the photos!



    I have a Wedding giveaway on my blog today if you are interested! Or if you can help spread the word to your bloggers :)

    Showered With Design Giveaway

    ReplyDelete