Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wedding DIY Part 1 - Save the Date Cards

I have been talking a lot about weddings recently and my goal to become a Wedding Planner, so why not share some of my own DIY wedding projects? Since my 5th wedding anniversary will be this year (August 29th to be exact), what a perfect time than now to start sharing.

I did quite a bit of DIY projects for my wedding; Save the Date cards, invitations, table names, seating plan...you get the picture. Well, since I'm quite crafty it seemed like a natural fit.

Our wedding was a traditional church wedding; we were married in a United Church since Doug and I are not really all that religious, so I did keep things pretty simple with my projects.

So let's get start shall we? All I needed for the cards were:
  • Blank card set from Michael's (came with envelopes).
  • A 'Save the Date' stamp with black ink.
  • Cake stickers
  • Scissors
  • Double-sided pop-up 'buttons'
  • Clear labels
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • White card stock paper
  • Glue
All I did was place a cake sticker on the front left side of the card and stamped 'Save the Date' on the other. I then printed our details on the white card stock and glued it onto blue scrapbook paper for a pop of colour (our wedding colours were blue and white). I then used the double-sided buttons to 'pop up' the insert, while placing the 'invitation to follow' note at the bottom inside with a clear label.

Isn't that super easy? This was actually a really cost effective way to make save the date cards. I had to make over 100 of them so it was time consuming, but I loved every minute of it and felt very accomplished afterwards.



Cute and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment